Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 392 – Year in Review: Professional Attire

I believe it is extremely important to maintain a professional image at all times when completing your audits, even if it might be 5am and you don’t think the owner or staff will be there. You need to make sure that you look professional for when staff arrive, or the owner stops in to meet with you. You make the call on what the definition of professional attire is, whether it be khaki pants, or some form of dress pant and a collared golf shirt, looking professional will go along way with your clients. After all, in the beginning they are letting someone they likely don’t know (“you”) in their bar after-hours when they might not always be there, and looking professional is a big part of being professional. My staff and myself wear golf shirts with the BEVINCO logo and a casual dress pant. If things are getting a bit messy (usually weighing kegs), I also use a black apron to keep my attire clean. This also allows me to easily stop at potential clients or sales meetings without having to change or worry about my attire after I have a completed a couple of audits earlier that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment